It’s only September but it feels like winter is already upon us in Britain. One of the best smells which can warm up the home is freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Cookies are great for sharing with friends, families and even colleagues! Chocolaty chocolate chip cookies are even more indulgent and comforting to eat. They are easy to make as well so you don’t need to be a pastry chef with cheap restaurant insurance to bake them.
To make the chocolaty chocolate chip cookies you’ll need the followingingredients-
• 1 egg from the fridge
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 150g sieved cocoa
• 75g brown sugar
• 50g white sugar
• 125g soft butter
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 150g flour
• 125g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
• 2 bags (350g) semi-sweet chocolate morsels or dark chocolate chips
Method to make 12 cookies-
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/170C then melt the dark chocolate over a pan of simmering water or in a heatproof dish using the microwave.
2. Put the cocoa, flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
3. Cream the sugars and butter in another bowl, then add the melted dark chocolate and mix together.
4. Next, beat in the cold egg and vanilla extract, and then mix in the rest of the dry ingredients. Finally, add and mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Scoop out 12 equal sized mounds. You can use a palette knife or ice cream scoop – once lined on a baking sheet, making sure they are about 6c, apart and do not flatten them.
6. Cook for 18 minutes and use a cake tester to make sure it comes out semi-clean and not wet with cake batter (try again if you pierce a chocolate chip).
7. Then take it out of the oven and leave to cool for 4-5 minutes on the baking sheet, before transferring them to a cooling rack to harden.
Your chocolaty chocolate chip cookies are now ready to eat. You could even try using white chocolate chips in the recipe – enjoy!