Property Insurance

Compare all types of Property Insurance with QuoteSearcher. Please click on the product below you are interested in and complete the short form to compare a number of quotes.

At last! A quote website that is simple, easy and quick to use!!! I just had to send in a quick email to congratulate and thank you.

Alan Roberts, Portsmouth

This site is so easy to use! Found what I wanted quickly and subsequently bought my insurance through one of your partners! I can't tell you how many sites I gave up on half way through applying!

Laura Fog, Oxford

Frequently Asked Questions About Property Insurance

    • Do I need landlord insurance by law?
      It is not a legal obligation for landlords to have insurance, however there are many mortgage lenders who will not offer buy-to-let mortgages unless you have a policy in place. Moreover, landlord insurance mitigates the inherent risks associated with the job – including loss of rent, theft or vandalism, damage to the building and/or the contents of the property.
    • What kind of insurance do I need for my buy-to-let property?
      There are many features to consider when taking out landlord insurance for a buy-to-let property. Buildings and contents cover, business interruption insurance, and legal cover should all be included in your policy. There are numerous optional features you can choose that are more specific to your property – such as subsidence cover or flood risk insurance.
    • What cover am I responsible for arranging on my tenants’ behalf?
      Building cover is the main cover you need to arrange for yourself and your tenants. This will protect you and your tenants from the costs and effects of structural damage to the building. This could be in the form of fire or flood, or damage resulting from a storm. If you are renting out a furnished property, it is advisable to take out contents insurance to cover your furniture and appliances for the same risks mentioned above.
    • What kind of properties can QuoteSearcher help me insure?
      At QuoteSearcher, we work with a panel of expert brokers who can help insure all manner of property and building types. Whether you want to insure a non-standard property, such as a house with a thatched roof, a commercial property like a shop or warehouse, or an entire block of flats, we will be able to help. One simple form gives us all the information needed to partner you with the most suitable insurance brokers. You will then be contacted to organise your quote.
    • Can you help me insure an entire portfolio of properties?
      Yes, we can help put you in contact with a broker who will be able to arrange wide-ranging cover for any number of properties. In some cases, you may be able to get a discount the more properties you choose to insure under the same policy.
    • How do I know if I need unoccupied property insurance?
      A property is considered to be unoccupied if it has been empty for longer than 30 consecutive days. Generally, home insurance will not cover an unoccupied property as it is subject to very different risks than a house that is being lived in. Vandalism and squatting, for example, are mostly seen in properties that have no permanent official residents.
    • Can I get rebuild cover and how do I work out the amount I can expect to receive?
      If your property is damaged beyond repair and needs a full rebuild, you can claim the cost of the rebuild in its entirety if you have the correct cover in place. To work out the cost of a full rebuild, you can use one of the many online calculators available or contact a chartered surveyor and request a professional assessment. If you own a non-standard or listed building, you may need to contact a specialist, such as English Heritage of Historic Scotland for example.