Block of Flats Insurance

  • Multiple quotes from specialist brokers
  • Hassle free - complete just one quick, easy form.
  • We submit your details to our specialist panel.
Get Quotes
See More

We Partner With

ai access insurance logo
cia-insurance logo
crosby insurance brokers logo
insurance protector group logo
gsi logo
a-plan-insurance logo

Why QuoteSearcher for Block of Flats Insurance?

The process of insuring a block of flats is complicated, as there are many factors for consideration of compensation in the event of damage. Unlike a vehicle or personal asset which can have an easily determined value, a block of flats or apartment block is not as simple. The valuation of the building alone can be derived from a variety of methods, from BCIS tables to certified chartered surveyors. Then services, tenants and building staff all have to be factored in additionally.

We’ve partnered with some of the UK’s leading block of flats insurance brokers, who will ensure your policy is tailored to cover all potential risks, for all affected parties. Whether the properties are purpose built or conversions, insuring individual flats or the entire block, or the tenants are leaseholders, DSS tenants or a mix of both, your policy will be specific to your requirements.

You will have the option of including or excluding contents insurance on your policy, meaning the costs incurred by sudden loss of water or damage to fittings and furniture by tenants can be covered. As well as loss of rent cover, as this may become an issue if tenants need to be provided alternative accommodation while repairs occur, having an impact on both rental income.

Fill in our easy quote form, and we’ll find you the best UK brokers for block of flats insurance.

Policy Features of Block of Flats Insurance

If you have a property portfolio, by insuring them all under the same policy you will get a reduced premium, saving both money and time.

Property Owners’ Liability Cover

Covers legal and compensation cost in the event of a claim. Find out more about Property owners liability Insurance.

Loss of Rent Insurance

Guaranteed rental income if tenant cannot pay for any reason. Read more about Loss of rent Insurance

Malicious Damage & Theft by Tenants Insurance

Protection against deliberate theft or damage to property by tenants.

Employers’ liability

Covers legal and compensation costs in the event of a claim by an employee. Find out more about Employers’ Liability Cover.

Building & Contents Cover

Protects building and internal contents from damage caused by fire and flood. Find out more about Building & Contents Insurance.

Glass Insurance

Covers replacement of broken windows in the event of an accident

Contents of Communal Areas

Covers appliances and furniture used in communal areas

All Risks Property Insurance

Cover from fires, storms, floods, subsidence and escape to water. Read more about All Risks Cover.

apartment building

​What is Block Insurance?

Apartment block insurance refers to the coverage of multiple residencies within one building. Whether a house that has been converted into self-contained flats, to purpose built blocks, insurance brokers consider a property with two or more flats to be a block.

Insuring a single flat within a block is one thing, but if you are the owner of a block of flats you will face increased risk in a lot of areas. This means securing a dedicated block insurance policy to cover all possible eventualities.

For example, if there is damage to a communal area, it may go unreported and, if it is, the culprit may not be able to be identified. In this case, you would want the damage repaired quickly and conveniently, which often means making a claim.

Types of Tenants

There can be a number of different types of tenant that could have an effect on your policy and the features it consists of. These types can include:

  • Professionals
  • Students
  • DSS rentals
  • Bedsits
  • Asylum seekers
  • Local authority placements

Whether you are a freeholder or property management company, you will be able to find the right quote for the right policy through QuoteSearcher.

elevator buttons

Frequently Asked Questions About Block Insurance

    • What is a block of flats?
      A block of flats is constituted as a residential building that contains more than two self-contained flats or apartments. As the owner of the block, you may act as a landlord for the tenants or have the flat managed by a third-party company acting as landlords (collecting rent, sorting out tenant’s issues etc).
    • Do I need landlord insurance for a leasehold flat?
      This depends on whether your building is looked after by a management company, or whether you look after them yourself. For the latter, if you act as the landlord then it is advisable to include some form of protection as part of your block insurance policy, as landlord insurance is considered a separate entity to block insurance
    • Do I need buildings insurance for a leasehold flat?
      Buildings insurance comes as part of many block insurance policies, to some degree. Any damage to the structure, communal areas, or landscaped gardens will usually be covered by this element of your policy, but you should speak to your broker to ensure your policy is properly tailored to your specific needs.
    • Can I get a block of flats insurance online quote?
      We’ll do you one better – just fill in our simple form and one of our specialist block of flats insurance brokers will call you to arrange a competitive quote. With this method, you won’t need to waste valuable time sifting though various companies to find the apartment block insurance quote, we’ll bring the most trusted brokers directly to you.

I completed one simple form on the QuoteSearcher website and I received three excellent quotes. This was exactly what I was looking for!

James Kenneth - Carlisle

I just wanted to say how impressed I was with the ease in which I managed to purchase my very reasonably priced insurance online.

Jenny Doulton - Lincoln

Related Products

Get in touch
Contact Us

QuoteSearcher Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA registration number is 504796. This can also be checked by visiting

The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is an agency for arbitrating on unresolved complaints between regulated firms and their clients. Full details of the FOS can be found on its website at

Our company registration number is 05387593 with our registered office at 8 Waldegrave Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8GT.