Dealing with Damage and the Cleanliness of your Property

There are many types of damage that can occur to a property, burnt carpet, a ripped sofa, these are all easy to identify and are often proof enough that your tenant is not taking care of your property and it will be easy to claim for these things on your landlord insurance policy. However, damage that is caused by mould is often hard to prove who is at fault and it is often hard to spot before it is too late.

Obviously the only way to know what is really going on in your property is from occasional inspections, although these have to be prearranged. It is worth doing just to see how clean the house is being kept and if it isn’t up to your standards, this is a good chance to offer some advice. If you are going for some repair works then this does take the pressure of the tenants to make the house immaculate and it will give you a better idea of what it is really like.

If you do suspect that things aren’t being kept up to scratch, you do need to say something. There could be a reason that the property isn’t as you expect but without communication, you will never know.

If you have already spoken to them about the cleanliness of your property then you could always hire a professional cleaner. You could pass this cost on to your tenants but if they have already moved in and started their tenancy then this could make life a little more difficult and strain your relationship with them.